For the gardener with a life!

We're all busy, no one has time to do anything anymore let alone research. Not only that, everything is processed and expensive and it's hard to find the important quick facts you need in one place for getting started with your very own garden in a cleaner greener way. So this is for you, the gardener with a life!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Organize your Layout

It’s important to draw out the design of your garden to make sure you have enough room for everything you want to grow. You want to make sure you have companion plants in the correct locations while still holding your main crops to the proper spacing and depth listed on the back of the seed packets




I like excel. Each of my squares with the initial means that’s how many plants I can have in that spot, some spots I can only have one plant where others I can have multiple. I can’t have everything in the ground for my garden size so I also make sure to include containers





You can also draw everything to scale and make your notes as needed. Write in how many plants you want per spot and no need to run to the computer every time you want to make a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment